155 R15 Tyres
Lotus Elite on 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67
- 155R15 is the radial alternative to the 5.60-15 crossply tyre size.
- Low-profile alternative for 155 R15: 175/70 - 15. Hence the 175/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 being fitted to later VW Super Beetle.
- Inner tube for 155 R15: Michelin 15E Offset Valve Tube.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 155 R15: Rim Tape 13" - 17".
- 155 R15 can also be described as: 155/80 R 15, 155 x 15, 155/80 - 15 or 155 R 15.
155 R15 Classic Tyre Options
- The 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 were original equipment for Alfa Romeo Giulietta and Lotus Elite.
- Cars like early MGA and Triumph TR2 and TR3 originally fitted crossply, but drive at their best on modern roads with the 155-15 Cinturato CA67.
- We would suggest the best handling tyre for sports cars of the 1950s and 1960s in the size 155 R15 is the PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67. (its appearance is also perfect for that era.)
- There is also the 155 TR 15 Michelin X of the 1940s. A more pedestrian tyre for cars like VW Beetle and Peugeot 403.
- There is also the 155 HR 15 Michelin XAS sportscar tyre. XAS offers excellent directional stability at high cruising speeds on dual carriageways.
Classic 155 R15 Tyres
Alternatives to 155 R15 Tyres
155 R15 Inner Tubes
What is a 155/80 R15 tyre? Why are there no tyres called 155/80 R15?
When radial tyres such as a 155/80 R15 was developed, the option of a low profile was not yet developed. So they would simply be called 155R15. Now there is more options of profile available it might be called 155/80SR15, 155/80TR15, 155/80R15 or 155/80HR15. Which means that the tyre is 155 mm wide, 80% of 155mm is the height of he side wall, the S, T or H are speed ratings, R stands for radial and 15” is the diameter of wheel.
155 R15 FAQ
A: Alfa chose to fit the 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 as it was the best tyre for their little sporty Giulietta.
A: we are spoiled in this size because we have both the 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 and the 155 R15 Michelin XAS. Both fantastic tyres.
A: 155 R15 is the correct radial alternative to a 5.60 x 15. so a 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is the perfect tyre for an early MGA, & the 155 R15 Michelin X is perfect for the VW Beetle.