1984 Vauxhall Astra S
Vauxhall Astra Tyres
- The most common original equipment tyre size for a classic Vauxhall Astra is 155-13. In this size we would recommend fitting a set of 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF tyres.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- Many early Astra's came fitted with 175/70-13 Tyres. Our recommended tyre in this size is the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- It is also possible to fit a smaller 145-13 Tyres, of which we would suggest the 145HR13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is the best choice.
- The ideal inner tube for this is the Michelin 13CG inner tube.
Vauxhall Astra Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Vauxhall Astra Tyres
History of the Vauxhall Astra
Built between 1979-1984 the Vauxhall Astra was a rebadged Opel Kadett D that replaced the Vauxhall Viva as well as some versions of the Vauxhall Chevette. It was the first Vauxhall model to feature front-wheel drive, and would come in a number of options for its overhead-camshaft engine from 1300& 1600 to later in 1983 an 1800 fuel-injected version. There was also a van version, though this was sold under the name of Bedford Astravan.
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Sadly in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.