Maserati Quattroporte Tyres
Best Tyres for Maserati Quattroporte
- Maserati Quattroporte 4200 original 205 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN72 are still the best tyres for this early classic Maserati.
- Maserati Quattroporte 4700 fitted the same tyres and they are still the best.
- Maserati Quattroporte 1 tyre pressure – 36psi fronta and 40psi rear for high speed use.
- For the Maserati Quattroporte 2 we would suggest the 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 , however we believe they only made 13 Quattroporte 2 So it is difficult to find a tyre pressure recommendation.
- On the Quattroporte 3 4200, Quattroporte 4900, & Quattroporte Royale, Maserati fitted 225/70 WR 15 Michelin XWX .
- The Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting inner tube for these tyres.
- Tyre pressure for the Maserati Quattroporte 4200 3, Quattroporte 4900 3 & Quattroporte Royale - we would suggest 34psi front and 36psi rear.
PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN72 HS 205VR15
- Set of 2 215/70 WR 15 & 225/70 WR 15 Pirelli Stelvio + Tubes
Starting at €2,691.00 €2,242.50
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at €1,863.00 €1,552.50
Maserati Quattroporte Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Maserati Quattroporte Tyres
History of the Maserati Quattroporte
In 1963 Maserati introduced the Quattroporte (Italian for 4-door). The original car bore a striking resemblance to the 5000GT that had been built by Frua for Aga Khan.
The 'Tipo 107' Maserati Quattroporte was powered by a 4.1 litre V8 producing 235bhp and used either a 5 speed manual or 3 speed automatic gearbox. Theoretically the car would be able to cruise the modern motorways of Europe at 143mph.
The picture below shows the 205VR15 CN72 CINTURATO ™ HS tyre that PIRELLI put into production in 1964, which was original equipment for the Maserati Quattroporte. On either side of this tyre are more modern 70% profile tyre sizes that are often fitted by mistake. On the left is a 205/70VR15, which is far too small in diameter, and on the right is a 215/70VR15 which is closer in dimensions and would also be a good tyre for the Maserati Quattroporte. Some cars that fitted the 205VR15 CINTURATO ™ changed to the 215/70VR15 tyre when the low profile tyre was developed at the beginning of the 1970's.
The Quattroporte received a face lift in 1966, twin headlights were added and from 1968 a 4.7 litre engine was fitted.
Interior luxury was one of the primary aims of the Quattroporte and to this end the car featured Connolly leather, electric windows and optional air conditioning. The 1966 re vamp also reached the interior of the car which now featured burred walnut on the dashboard and door panels, air condition as standard, in fact the Quattroporte and the Rolls Royce were the only cars to roll of the production line with air conditioning as standard!
A total of 770 'Tipo 107' Maserati Quattroportes had been built when production stopped in 1969.
Maserati Quattroporte Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Maserati Quattroporte, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
Maserati Quattroporte wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Maserati wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge