Maserati Quattroporte Tyres
1971 Maserati Quattroporte AM121
Maserati Quattroporte 1963–1990
- The Maserati Quattroporte 4200 (1963-1969) originally used 205 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN72, we think they are still the best tyres for this early classic Maserati.
- Maserati Quattroporte 4700 fitted the same tyres and they are still the best.
- Maserati Quattroporte 1 tyre pressure – 36psi front and 40psi rear for high speed use.
- For the Maserati Quattroporte 2 (1976-1978) we would suggest the 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12, however, we believe they only made 13 Quattroporte 2 So it is difficult to find a tyre pressure recommendation.
- On the Quattroporte 3 4200, Quattroporte 4900, & Quattroporte Royale (1979-1990), Maserati fitted 225/70 WR 15 Michelin XWX.
- The Michelin 15/17H is the correct innertube for these tyres.
- Tyre pressure for the Maserati Quattroporte 4200 3, Quattroporte 4900 3 & Quattroporte Royale - we would suggest 34psi front and 36psi rear.
Maserati Quattroporte III
Maserati Quattroporte Tyres Explained
PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN72 HS 205VR15
Maserati Quattroporte Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Maserati Quattroporte Tyres
Maserati Quattroporte on 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P5 Tyres
History of the Maserati Quattroporte
The 4.1-litre V8 engine in the 'Tipo 107' Maserati Quattroporte produced 235bhp and was mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 3-speed automatic transmission. The automobile could theoretically go at 143mph on Europe's modern roads. In 1966, the Quattroporte had a facelift, dual headlights were introduced, and a 4.7-litre engine was used beginning in 1968.
The interior opulence of the Quattroporte was one of its key goals, and the car included Connolly leather, power windows, and optional air conditioning to that objective. The 1966 redesign also included burred walnut on the dashboard and door panels, as well as air conditioning as standard; in fact, the Quattroporte and the Rolls Royce were the only cars to roll off the assembly line with air conditioning as standard! When manufacturing ceased in 1969, there had been 770 'Tipo 107' Maserati Quattroporte cars made.
Maserati Quattroporte Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Maserati Quattroporte, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
Maserati Quattroporte wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Maserati Quattroporte Borrani wheels.
Maserati wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge