We recommend the Michelin XWX as the best tyre for the Maserati 4.2 and 4.7 Indy. It is a period tyre with a 170mph speed rating, so it handles perfectly on these cars. Although we believe that the 4.9 Indy fitted Pirelli Cinturato CN12 tyres we have varied information as to what size they fitted.
Maserati Indy Tyres
- The Maserati Indy 4.2 and 4.7 models would ride best with the 205 VR 14 Michelin XWX.
- For 205R14 tyres we recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube.
- The 4.2 and 4.7 Indy have a suggested tyre pressure of 39psi front and 36psi rear.
- For the Maserati Indy 4.9 we suggest either the 205/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX, the 205/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12, or the 215/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX - Pressure 36psi front & 33psi rear.
- For 205/70 VR 15 tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- The Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting inner tube for 215/70 R15 tyres.
- Set of 2 215/70 WR 15 & 225/70 WR 15 Pirelli Stelvio + Tubes
Starting at $3,276.00 $2,730.00
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at $2,268.00 $1,890.00
Maserati Indy Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Maserati Indy Tyres
Maserati Indy Buildsheet
Maserati Indy History
Named to celebrate Maserati's two victories at the Indy 500, the Maserati Indy (Tipo 116) first appeared in 1968, at the Salone dell'automobile di Torino as a prototype by Carrozzeria Vignale that was to replace the ageing Mexico and Quattroporte.
The production model was launched by Maserati at the Geneva Motor Show the following March. In 1969 the Indy was offered only with a 4.2 Litre V8. For the 1970-1972 model years, the Indy started sporting a 4.7 litre engine alongside the 4.2 litre. In 1971, Maserati added the Ghibli SS's 4.9 litre V8 to the range, albeit downrated to 320 bhp compared to the Ghibli's 335 bhp and from 1973-1974, both the 4.2 and 4.7 litre engines were supplanted by the 4.9 litre.
Maserati Indy Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Maserati Indy. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Maserati Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Maserati wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. Maserati wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge