MG Magnette Tyres
MG ZA 1953-1968
Magnette ZB Tyres
165 R 15 MG Magnette Tyres
Although the radial alternative to 5.50-15 and 5.60-15 is a 145 R 15 or 165 R 15, often Magnette owners want a larger 165R15 tyre as a radial alternative.
In period it was often an upgrade that people did to fit a 590 - 15 crossply, which does have the radial equivalent of 165R15.
If you do want to go down this route the 165 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 N is a very sporty option, or 165 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is the perfect period tyre.
Michelin make a 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX which is great value and will give a lovely ride without making your steering too heavy.
We would encourage fitting 155R15 tyres to these mid 1950s MG Magnette ZA and ZB. However if you do want the larger tyre, these period tyres will have less derogatory effect on the handling.
Farina Magnette Tyres
- In 1959 the Farina bodied MG Magnette MK3 moved on to fitting 14” wheels, as did the MK4 MG Magnette of 1961.
- Bothe the MK3 and MK4 MG Magenette Farina fitted 590 - 14 Tyres. There is not currently a 590-14 tyre we would recommend.
- We would suggest the best tyre for a Farina bodied MG Magnette from 1959 to 1969 would be the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
MG Magnette Innertubes
- The MG Magnette ZA and ZB with 15” wheels with crossply 5.50-15, 5.60-15 or radial 145R15, 155R15 or 165R15 is best fitted with Michelin 15E innertubes.
- The Magnette MK3 and MK4 Magnette wheels were tubeless wheels, so no innertubes need using with tubeless tyres fitted like the Cinturato.
- If, for what ever reason you do need an innertube in a Farina MG Magnette with 14” wheels you can fit the Michelin 14D innertube.