Longstone Tyres recommendation for the best road tyre for an XK120, XK140 or XK150 is the 185VR16 CA67 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™.
The Jaguar XK120, XK140 and XK150 came from the factory fitted with 600x16 Dunlop RS5 cross ply vintage tyres which are sadly currently no longer being made by Dunlop. Luckily for owners of these fabulous cars today, there are plenty of options of cross ply or radial alternatives it is no longer necessary to use van tyres or taxi tyres for your XK120, XK140 and XK150. The majority of people feel more comfortable using these cars fitted with radial tyres on todays modern faster dual carriageways and motorways out of which the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ offers the best balance of grip performance and light steering while maintaining a nice tall tyre for the gearing and looks.
Jaguar XK120 tyres
The earlier XK120 had spats on the rear wheel arches. Because of the spats some radial tyres don't fit on an XK120. However because the CINTURATO ™ is a period tire, it will fit within the spats of an XK120
For any questions, please click here.
XK Jaguar History
|During World War 2 the Jaguar design team led by Sir William Lyons set to work on a brand new double overhead cam engine. As it neared completion it became obvious that a worthy successor to the SS100, powered by the new 160bhp engine, would be possible. The decision to build a sportscar to house the engine was given the go ahead. Less than 2 months later, in October 1948, the Jaguar XK120 was unveiled at the Earls Court Motor Show. The car was an instant success with the public and press alike hardly able to comprehend the availability of 120mph sportscar that was civilised at all speeds and cost only £998! The Jaguar XK 120 evolved throughout its life with the advent, in 1954, of the XK 140 with 190bhp and (small)||
Jaguar XK Fitted with Michelin 600WR16 Pilote X Tyres
backseat and the final incarnation in 1957, the XK150, with disc brakes and a 210bhp engine option. Production of all Jaguar XK120, XK140 and XK150 variants, dropheads, roadsters and fixed heads ceased in 1961.