Ferrari 250 GTE
Ferrari 250 GTE Tyres
- The Ferrari 250 GT/E 2+2 came from Maranello originally fitted with 5.5” RW 3591 wheels. They later fitted RW3690.
- The standard tyre fitment for Ferrari’s 2+2 250 GTE was 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 tyres, regardless of weather it fitting 5.5” or 6” wheels.
- People often wanted to fit more modern technology on these cars and fitted 205/70VR15 Michelin XWX, or 205/70VR15 Cinturato CN12.
- Tyre pressures we would suggest for a 250 GTE 2+2 would be 29psi front and 33psi rear.
- For more information about 250 GTE wheels and tyres, try this article from the Ferrari 250 GTE register.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
Ferrari 250 GT/E 2+2 tyres
Ferrari always had a tendency to fit considerably wider rims than were necessary for the tyre, and the 250 GTE is no exception. The RW3690 fitted to the later cars had a 6” wide rim which is at the top of the recommended rim sizes for a 185VR15 tyre, Ferrari fitted the 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67. The 250 GT Lusso even had a 6.5” rim still fitted with the 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 tyres. A tyre with a section bigger than 185 wasn’t developed for sports cars until Pirelli introduced the 205VR15 Cinturato CN72 in 1964.
Because of these wide rims that Ferrari fitted, it was not uncommon to find the 250 GTE fitted with 205/70VR15 Cinturato CN12 or 205/70VR15 Michelin XWX. It is worth pointing out that this low profile tyre technology was not invented until 1968. Because the Pirelli Cinturato range was unavailable for a long time, and because Ferrari used the Michelin XWX on many of their later cars, the 205/70VR15 Michelin XWX was the most popular tyre on the GT/E until the 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 was reintroduced in 2009.
Ferrari 250 GTE Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 250 GTE
The Picture below shows an Italian Police car 250 GTE 2+2. Which from memory was fitted with 205/70VR15 tyres, of which we would suggest fitting either 205/70VR15 Michelin XWX or 205/70VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12. If you want to fit larger tyres Both are excellent tyres that can be fitted to the 15" Longstone Tyres would suggest the bestlow profile tyres for you 250 GTE 2+2. It is worth Pointing out, though that when this car was supplied to the Italian Police it would have fitted 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 tyres because 70% profile tyres had not been invented in the early '60s. they came out in 1968.