TVR 390SE Tyres
TVR 390SE 1984–1989
- The TVR 390SE came in 1984 fitted with 225/50 R15 tyres.
- The best 225/50 R15 tyres for the TVR 390SE are the 225/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7. It is the perfect sportscar tyre for the 390SE.
- In 1986 Pirelli Developed the 225/50 ZR 15 Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico Arguably this could be an excellent tyre for the later 390SE up to 1992.
- It would be interesting to know if Pirelli had contact with TVR at the time, and if TVR upgraded the geometry of the 390SE to suit these asymmetric tyres.
- If anyone knows what the original tyres of the 390SE were, please send us an email at [email protected] - any pictorial proof would be great.
TVR 390SE Recommended Tyres
Other Options for TVR 390SE Tyres
History of the TVR 390SE
Built between 1984-1989, the TVR 390SE was a more powerful version of the 350i featuring a increased capacity and tuned Rover V8 engine. The car never officially received an independent type approval due to the small volume produced being uneconomical for homologation. The 390SE then is registered as a 350i with engine work and extras added, and though the engine was 3,905cc it is officially recorded as a 3.5 litre. This also leads to the possibility of customers requesting further engine work, taking the Rover V8 to a 4.2 L capacity thus unofficially creating the TVR 420SE.