Audi 80 Tyres
Audi 80 B2 4-Door Variant
Audi 80 1966–1996
- Longstone Tyres recommends either the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF or the 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 for the standard 80, 80 S, 80 L, 80LS, 80SE, and 80GL models.
- The 80 GT, GLS, GTE, GL, and GLS estate variants fitted 175/70 R13 tyres. In this size we can recommend the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36.
- Higher spec versions of the 80, 80 S, 80 L, 80LS, 80SE, and 80GL were fitted with wider wheels and 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres.
- The Michelin 13D is the ideal Audi 80 innertube for the 155HR13 Michelin XAS and tyres of the same size.
- The Michelin 13E is the innertube best suited to the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 and other tyres of the size.
- 1986 saw the release of the B3 variant of the Audi 80, which was released on 195/60-14 Tyres. In this size the 195/65 R 15 PIRELLI P6000 N is Longstone's recommendation.
- Tyres with a profile below 70% (e.g 195/65 R 15) do not fit innertubes.
- The B4 variant was released to the UK in 1992, sporting 195/65-15 or 205/60-15 tyres.
- In these sizes longstone recommends the 195/65 R 15 PIRELLI P6000 N and the 205/60 WR 15 Michelin Pilot Primacy 3 respectively.
Audi 80 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Audi 80 Tyres
History of the Audi 80
The Audi 80 is a compact executive automobile produced by Audi from 1966 to 1996. From 1973 until 1986, it shared its basis with the Volkswagen Passat and was offered as a saloon and station waggon, the latter sold by Audi as the Avant. The coupé and convertible versions were not badged as part of the range, but they used the same underpinnings.
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. However, in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.