- Avon Turbospeed crossply tyres started production in the 1950s.
- 600 H 16 Avon Turbospeed crossply was fitted by Aston Martin on its DB2, DB2/4, DB MK3 and early DB4.
- When fitting crossply the later DB4 fitted DB4 fitted 6.70V15 Avon Turbo Speed as did DB5 and early DB6.
- The 6 cylinder DBS and later DB6 fitted 8.15-15 Turbospeeds if they were fitted with crossply tyres.
- When not fitting crossply tyres Aston tended to fit Pirelli Cinturato tyres as the preferred radial tyre.
- Rolls Royce Silver Clouds and early Silver Shadows also fitted 8.20-15 Avon TurboSpeed and 815-15 Avon TurboSpeed.
- There is also the 220/55VR390 Avon Turbospeed CR39 for the Jaguar XJ40
- Avon make a range of historic radial Turbosteel tyres, the "steel" being descriptive of the steel bracing in the tread.
- 185VR15 Avon Turbosteel is a budget option for the 15” DB Astons. However in the day they fitted 185VR15 Cinturato, as the TurboSteel wasn’t developed in the early 1960s.
- In the very late 1980s Avon developed the 185VR16 Turbosteel, a radial alternative to 6.00 - 16, but it is too wide, not tall enough and a modern tread.
- Avon make the 225/70VR15 ACR3 for the late Aston Martin V8.
- Avon still produce the 235/70VR15 Turbosteel and 235/70VR15 Turbosteel white wall for Rolls Royce and Bentley of the 1970s and 1980s.