- Dunlop were one of the first cross ply pneumatic tyre manufacturers founded in 1890.
- Dunlop vintage tyres have been a mainstay support of the vintage car movement since the war.
- Dunlop beaded edge tyres were the only brand to make a full range of beaded edge vintage tyres for some considerable time.
- Dunlop still make the extensive range of historic Dunlop Racing Tyres in the 204 compound.
- In 1968 Dunlop were one of the first to be involved with low profile radial tyres with the ER/70VR15 Dunlop Aquajet for the Jaguar XJ6.
- Sadly Dunlop themselves are no longer manufacturing vintage and classic road tyres.
- Dunlop ceased manufacturing classic road tyres in Birmingham in 2014.