Ensign Beaded Edge Tyres
- Ensign make an excellent range of Beaded edge tyres.
- These smaller vintage motorbike Ensign Beaded edge tyres 26 X 2½ Ensign, 26 X 3 Ensign and 28 X 3 Ensign use the old Dunlop twin stud tread pattern.
- 26X3 Ensign as well as being a common size for vintage motorbikes, it is also used on small Veteran cars such as a De Dion Bouton Vis a Vis and early vintage cars like a GN or an Austin 7.
- For larger veteran and vintage cars we would suggest that the Ensign Chevron tyres is the most reliable range of beaded edge tyres.
- The 710X90 Ensign Chevron we would recommend for Brescia Bugatti and early Frazer Nash cars.
- The Ensign Chevron 8.20 X 120 is the beaded edge tyre we would recommend for a vintage 3 Litre Bentley.
- For a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost on Beaded edge tyres we would recommend the 895X135 Ensign Chevron.
- Unfortunately Dunlop no longer make their beaded edge tyres the Dunlop Chevron.
- Fortunately Ensign have taken on the name and tread pattern of the old Dunlop Chevron.
Ensign Vintage Tyres
- Ensign make a small range of vintage tyres.
- The Ensign vintage tyre range uses many of the old vintage Dunlop tread patterns.
- The 4.50X19 Ensign B5 uses the Dunlop B5 tread pattern that was fitted to Vintage MG of the late 1930s and 1940s.
- The 6.00/6.50X17 Ensign uses the Dunlop Fort tread pattern of the 1930s and is excellent on a late 1930s 4¼ Derby Bentley.
- The 5.25/5.50 x 18 Ensign uses the Dunlop D2/102 Goldseal tread pattern of the 1940s and 1950s, but is excellent on a Derby Bentley of the mid 1930s.
Ensign Vintage Racing Tyres