PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36
- The Pirelli CN36 Cinturato radial tyre was one of Pirelli’s first forays into low profile tyres in 1968.
- The Cinturato CN36 was also Pirelli’s first ultra-low profile tyre, 215/60WR15 CN36 for the Porsche 911 RSR in 1972.
- A German magazine did a back to back classic tyre test which the Pirelli CN36 Cinturato won hands down.
- Many of these Pirelli CN36 tyres are actually homologated by Porsche, as the best tyre for their classic cars.
- The CN36 range also includes the 175/70VR13 CN36 for Ford Mexico and RS Escorts, Golf GTi and Dolomite Sprint.
- A 185/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 for enormous range of cars as a low profile alternative to 165HR13.
- Also 185/70VR14 CN36, a low profile alternative for 165HR14 tyres for cars such as MGB and virtually every Alfa Romeo from 1968 until the 1980s’.
The CN36 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ was introduced in 1968 as PIRELLI's 70% profile, high performance range of tyres and is well known for it's fitment to Porsche 911 and Ford Escort Mexico.
PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 Tyres
PIRELLI's CN36 is the perfect low profile tyre to be fitted as a period upgrade to a full profile tyre without spoiling the handling of the light weight rear wheel drive sports cars of the 60's & 70's. The Cinturato's rounded shoulders have been developed to run in conjunction with the car technology of the day. So cars like MGB, Alfa Romeo Spider, Giulia & Alfetta that originally ran on a 165HR14 full profile tyre might want to increase their foot print by fitting the 185/70VR14 CN36 CINTURATO ™.