Peugeot 304 Tyres
- We are pleased to say we now have a perfect tyre for the Peugeot 304 in the 145 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- These tyres will be best suited to a Michelin 14CG Offset Valve inner tube.
Peugeot 304 Tyre pressure
- 304 Coupe S - 26psi front 32psi rear.
- 304 Cabriolet S - 26psi front 29psi rear.
- 304 GL & 304 SLS - 26psi front 30 psi rear.
- 304 GL & SL Estate cars - 26psi front 39psi rear.
Peugeot 304 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Peugeot 304 Tyres
1976 Peugeot 304 SL Berline
History of the Peugeot 304
Built between 1969-1980, the Peugeot 304 was a small family car for the midsized car market, with 1,178,423 built. Based on the Peugeot 204, the 304 was able to be effectively priced with a high profit margin for Peugeot. With its good fuel economy it became particularly desirable during the 1973 oil crisis as motorists wished to trade down from larger, more thirsty cars.
The 304 was reasonably advanced for its day, with completely independent suspension and a four-speed gearbox beneath the engine, which shared the same oil as the engine. Although most internal parts were compatible with the 204, the 304 had a floor-mounted gear shifter instead of the smaller car's column-mounted control. The transverse-engine front-wheel-drive arrangement provided more passenger room, while it was no longer as rare as it had been for the 204 in 1965. The 304 also had front disc brakes and headlamps that could be adjusted for left or right side drive.