3.50 x 19 Longstone
When wanting to produce a tyre for the Austin 7 Chummy, we made a concerted effort to get hold of an original tyre that a Chummy had left the Austin factory with back in the ‘20s, because getting the design right was critical. Because of our deep involvement in the world of pre war Austin 7’s we had a good idea of what the tyre structure wanted to be like to keep your Chummy driving in a straight line (ish. We cannot perform miracles).
The majority of tyres at the time were motorbike tyres, and a Chummy doesn’t lean round a corner like a motorbike so we needed a more structured and squarer carcass. One that was able to withstand side forces. Pared with a tread pattern that looks like they did when they left the factory.
The next part of the deign was to keep a plain side wall. Modern tyres have more complex design work on the side wall than would have been fitted to a Chummy. Our intention was to keep it plain, with out any garish embellishments in the design.
What we have come up with is a tyre that drives beautifully on a Chummy while at the same time looking correct.
It might be worth mentioning that the 3.50 X 19 Longstone Tyre, while fitted to Austin 7 Ulsters has won both the Mille Miglia and Le Mans!!
|INDICATED WIDTH||ASPECT RATIO||CROSSPLY||RIM DIAMETER||LOAD INDEX||SPEED RATING||MANUFACTURER||TREAD||TUBETYPE|
|RIM DIAMETER||19" / 482.6 mm|
|ACTUAL WIDTH||92 mm / 3.6"|
|OVERALL DIAMETER INFLATED||669 mm / 26.33"|
|WEIGHT OF TYRE||N/A|
|SPEED RATING||S = 112 mph / 180 km/h|
|RECOMMENDED TUBES||Michelin 19MF Central Valve Tube|
|TUBE OR TUBELESS||TT (Tube Type)|
|RECOMMENDED RIM WIDTH||N/A|
|ALTERNATIVE SIZE DESCRIPTION||350-19 , 350 -19 , 350 - 19 , 350 X19 , 350 X 19 , 350 19 350*19 , 350 *19 , 350 * 19 , 350/19 , 350 /19 , 350 / 19|
|PRODUCT TYPE||Single Tyre|
- All good.
- Replacing existing Longstone product. Great tread pattern for an old vehicle.
- Do the tyres have wear indicators?
- The Longstone tyre you supplied matches the other tyres on my 1931 Austin Seven and suit it perfectly.
- To early to comment on performance.
- Just the job
- Exactly the tires I desired and delivered, quickly - at the best price.
- Brilliant tyres at a great price
- Hard to rate at the moment having only done a few miles on these tyres, but first impressions are excellent. Very smooth and stable ride.\n\nMust point out that these are fitted on a Royal Enfield 500 combination.
- Used them before and very happy with them.
- Great product, looking forward to fitting to Morgan 3 wheeler
- tyres not yet fitted but they look good