Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2
- >The Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 is the quintessential post-classic sports car and hot hatch tyre, made in a variety of sizes that were used on popular youngtimer cars such as the MK3 Ford Escort, MK1 Toyota MR2, and MK3 Volkswagen Golf.
- The asymmetrical tread pattern of these tyres maximises water evacuation which reduces the chance of aquaplaning and gives these tyres brilliant performance in the wet.
- The rubber compound of the tyre was developed using the ALM (Adhesion and Longevity Maximised) technology that was used in competition for better road grip, this allows the PE2 to provide the grip that modern classic sports cars and hot hatches demand.
- The PE2 offers brilliant grip and road-holding when cornering, due to its VCP (Variable Contact Patch) that increases the area in which the tyre tread makes contact with the road and increases overall grip as cornering forces increase.
- The Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 offers a range of sizes perfect for Renault 5 GT Turbo, Clio RS, Ford XR2i, Escort XR3, Maxda MX5, Lancia Delta HF Turbo, Peugeot 205GTi, Seat Ibiza, Volkswagen Corrado, Golf and Polo.