Renault 20/30 Tyres
- The early Renault 20 fitted 601mm/23.7inch tyres, which is expressed as 165/13. In this size we would recommend the 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- The early Renault R30 cars fitted 175R14 tyres. We would recommend fitting the 175 HR 14 Michelin XAS .
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 14E inner tube.
- From 1977 Renault offered the 190/65 HR 390 Michelin TRX as a performance upgrade.
Renault R30 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Renault R30 Tyres
History of the Renault 20/30
Built between 1975-1984, the Renault 20 & 30 were executive cars that were the most expensive cars Renault produced at the time, with the 30 being larger-engined and more costly of the two. Initially however the Renault 20 was seen as too underpowered for the weight of the car and the Renault 30 as too expensive for what was essentially the same car as the Renault 20. In response to this the R20TS was introduced, which had more power than the basic 20. In total 622,000 R20s and 145,000 R30s were built, with production ceased for them to both be replaced by the Renault 25.