Morgan Plus 8
Morgan Plus 8 Tyres
- Longstone classic tyres recommend the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 for your classic Morgan Plus 8.
- We recommend the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 as it is a correct period classic tyre that offers outstanding levels of grip. The 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 also offers exceptional directional stability which diminishes the wandering effect needed on today's faster roads.
- The 185 R 15 Michelin XVS would be another excellent option for the Plus 8.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- It is possible to fit wider tyres in the 205/70-15. In this size we would suggest the 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12.
- Fitting wider tyres however can have a derogatory effect on the handling and steering. The 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 will minimise those effects, nevertheless we would still not recommend this over fitting a tyre of the correct size.
Morgan Plus 8 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Morgan Plus 8 Tyres
Morgan plus 8
The development of the classic Plus 8 Morgan was led by Maurice Owen,a race car engineer taken on specifically for the role. The Morgan Plus 8 prototype was based on a modified version of the chassis from the classic Plus 4, to which it added the Rover alloy block V8, purchased from GM-Buick in 1967. Plus 4's Moss gearbox was carried over and the Salisbury 7HA axle was uprated with a limited slip differential. The chassis was developed in stages to accommodate gearbox changes in 1973 and 1976, the body widened in 1976 to accommodate the widened chassis and the wings widened to accommodate larger tyres to handle the increasing power and trend for lower profile and wider tyres. The original 1968 Plus 8 was 57 inches wide and the last was 64 inches (with an optional "widebody" at 67 inches). For several years in the 1960s the Plus Eight was the fastest-accelerating UK production car.
To mark the 35th year of production of its Plus 8, MMC released a commemorative 'Anniversary Edition'.