Alfa Romeo 1900
Alfa Romeo 1900 Tyres
- The original equipment tyres fitted to the Alfa Romeo 1900 were 6.00V16 Pirelli Stella Bianca Tyres.
- The earlier Alfa 1900 with 16” tyres would be best fitted with Michelin 16F RET inner tubes.
- Alfa Romeo soon took advantage of radial tyre technology, fitting 165HR400 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 tyres, which we credit as the best option.
- The 400mm wheels are best fitted with Michelin 16 E 13 inner tubes.
Alfa Romeo 1900 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Alfa Romeo 1900
The classic Alfa Romeo 1900 fitted a 165x400 tyre, the original equipment would have been the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™. There is also the option of the 165 SR 400 Michelin X. Which is also a very good quality tyre, but with a lower S speed rating.
History of the Alfa Romeo 1900
The classic Alfa Romeo 1900 is a sports saloon designed by Orazio Satta for the Alfa Romeo company in 1950. It was Alfa Romeo's first car built entirely on a production line and was also Alfa's first production car without separate chassis.
The 1900 was offered in two door or four door models, with a new 1884 cc, 90 bhp, 4 cylinder twin cam engine. It was spacious and simple, yet quick and sporty. The slogan Alfa used when selling it was "The family car that wins races", not so subtly alluding to the car's success in the Targa Florio, Stella Alpina, and other competitions. In 1951 was introduced short wheelbase 1900C version. This had a wheelbase of 2,500 mm. In the same year was also introduced 1900 TI with more powerful 100 bhp engine, it had bigger valves, compression ratio was higher and it had double carburetor. Two years later was introduced 1900 Super and 1900 TI Super with 1975 cc engine. The TI Super had two double carburetors and 115 bhp. Transmission was 4-speed manual on basic versions and 5-speed manual in Super Sprint version, brakes were drum brakes. The 1900 has independent front suspension double wishbones, coil springs and hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers and live rear axle.
Production continued until 1959, a total of 21,304 were built. The chassis was designed specifically to allow coach builders to rebody it, the most notable of which was the Zagato designed, 1900 Super Sprint Coupe, with an improved engine and custom body design.
Alfa Romeo 1900 Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Alfa Romeo 1900, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Alfa Romeo 1900 Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Borrani Wheels for a Alfa Romeo 1900
Alfa Romeo 1900 wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. Alfa Romeo wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge
What are the best tyres for an Alfa Romeo 1900?
Alfa Romeo fitted 165HR400 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 tyres to the 1900. We would suggest this is still the best tyre for these cars. Some of the very eeriest Alfa Romeo 1900 cars fitted 6.00V16 Stella Bianca.
What is the cheapest tyre for an Alfa Romeo Super?
Michelin make a 165SR400 X which is great value for an Alfa Romeo 1900 However models such as the 1900 Ti and the 1900 Super we would suggest would be better with the 165HR400 CA67 Pirelli Cinturato.
We would suggest that the 165HR400 Pirelli Cinturato are the best:
- Alfa romeo 1900 tyres.
- Alfa romeo 1900 tires.
- Alfa 1900 tyres.
- Alfa 1900 tires.
- Alfa romeo 1900 coupe tyres.
- Alfa romeo 1900 coupe tires.
- Alfa romeo 1900 cabriolet tyres.
- Alfa romeo 1900 spider tires.
- Alfa romeo 1900 ti tyres.
- Alfa romeo 1900 ti tires.
- Alfa 1900 ti tyres.
- Alfa 1900 ti tires.
- Alfa romeo 1900 super tyres.
- Alfa romeo 1900 super tires.
- Alfa 1900 super tyres.
- Alfa 1900 super tires.