245/45 / 16
- 245/45-16 tyres were fitted to the rear of many Porsche 911, 930, 928 & 944 from the middle of the 1980s.
- The period tyre fitted was the 245/45 VR 16 Pirelli Cinturato P7.
- Many of these classic Porsche would fit either 205/55YR16 Cinturato P7 or 225/50 YR 16 Cinturato P7 on the front.
- Michelin also make a 245/45-16 slightly later tyre; 245/45R16 SX MXX3 which matches up with the 205/55 R 16 SX MXX3 front.
- 245/45 - 16 can also be described as: 245/45 x 16, 245/45 R 16 or 245/45 / 16
Classic 245/45-16 Tyres
245/45 - 16 FAQ
There isn’t a great deal of choice in the tyre size 240/45R16, because it is only fitted to the rear of a few classic Porsche. However Michelin make the SX MXX3 and Pirelli make the Cinturato P7. Both have the 205/55 R16 fronts. The Pirelli P7 also offers a 225/50YR16 P7 option as well.