- Pirelli no longer make their P4000 tyre.
- They were last made in 2011.
- We would suggest that if you have Pirelli P4000 tyres on your car it is time to change as they are now old tyres.
- The Pirelli P4000 was often fitted to Jaguar XJ6, XJ12 & XJS.
- There is now a fresh production of the Pirelli P5 tyres that are J homologated for Jaguar luxury cars.
Pirelli P4000 Tyres
What is the best tyre for a 1986 XJ6 Jaguar Sovereign?
Because of Jaguars relationship with Pirelli they were able to get involved with asking for a special tyre, specifically for its luxury cars. Pirelli in conjunction developed the Pirelli P5. Jaguar have again asked Pirelli to produce the P5 again and it is homologated with the ‘J’ for Jaguar. Many of these XJ6, XJ12 and XJS cars are fitted with the 205/70ZR15 Pirelli P4000 or 215/70ZR15 P4000 tyres that are no longer manufactured. The last production of P4000 tyres was back in 2011, so in these circumstances we should strongly recommend the Pirelli P5 that is actually tested and homologated by Jaguar themselves.