Vauxhall Chevette Tyres
- The Standard Chevette fitted 155 R13, for which we recommend the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- Some Models like the Chevette GLS fitted 175/70R13, for which we recommend the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- For these models of Vauxhall Chevette we suggest the tyre pressures 25psi front and 28psi rear.
- The Vauxhall Chevette Sports Hatch back 1600GL, GLS and 2000 GLS we suggest 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- Inner tubes are not essential for these tyres, but they can still be a great option compared to going tubeless. For more information, see our inner tube guide.
- For the Vauxhall Chevette Hatchback pressures we suggest 26psi front and rear.
- Original equipment Vauxhall Chevette tyres were often either Goodyear G800 or Dunlop SP4. Sadly both of these tyres are no longer made.
- Some of the Chevette 2300HS fitted 205/60R13 tyres, of which we can offer the 205/60 R 13 Vredestein.
Other Options for Vauxhall Chevette Tyres
History of the Vauxhall Chevette
Built between 1975-1984 the Vauxhall Chevette was a supermini intended to be a small-sized version of the American Chevrolet but would be heavily based on the Opel Kadett being differentiated by the use of the Pontiac "Shovel-nose" look. It would be the best-selling hatchback in the UK from 1975-1978, with its light steering, clutch and gearchange plus rear-wheel drive giving it a sprightly performance.
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Sadly in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.