Renault Fregate Tyres
- The first Renault Fregate Affaires and Fregate Admiral fitted 165 SR 400 Michelin X .
- We currently offer this tyre with a whitewall in the 165SR400 Michelin X Whitewall .
- The ideal inner tube for this is the Michelin 16E inner tube.
- Most of the Production of the Renault Fregate came with more conventional 15” wheels. We recommend the 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX .
- There is also a whitewall variant of this tyre; the 165R15 Michelin XZX Whitewall, offering both performance and style.
- The 165 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is another excellent performance tyre in this size.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
Renault Fregate Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Renault Fregate Tyres
History of the Renault Frégate
Built between 1951-1960, the Renault Frégate was an executive car targeted at the middle classes in France in the post-war recovery. Sadly, the car would undersell to the 15 year older Citroën 11 and would indeed suffer with strong competition from Citroën and Peugeot in this market before it would eventually be replaced by Renault selling the Renault Rambler Classic in its stead.