Fiat Dino 2000 Tyres
- The earlier, and more numerous cars, the 1967-1969 fiat Dino 2000 coupe and spider originally fitted a 185R15 Michelin XAS tyres.
- Currently Longstone Tyres would suggest the 185 HR 14 Michelin MXV-P as the best for a Dino 2000.
- It is the carcass of these Michelin tyres that makes the handling of cars like the Dino direct and predictable.
- You can fit the 205/70R14 tyres that were fitted to the later 2400 Dino onto the earlier Fiat 2000 car and the series Due Dino 2000 Spider and Coupes.
- Many Fiat Dino owners feel the 185 makes the handling of the lighter car (alloy block vs iron block) much sweeter.
- However we would suggest that if you do want to move up to the 205/70R14 tyre size, fitting the tyre Fiat found suited the car best, the 205/70 WR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 which will diminish the derogatory effects of fitting a larger tyre.
- These period tyres were developed to be fitted to a car like this and still provide progressive handling, whereas a more modern tyre will be developed to fit to a very different kind of car.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube as the best fitting.
2400 Fiat Dino Tyres
- In October 1969 Fiat released the new Dino 2400, which was produced through till 1973. The increased engine capacity improved the low down torque which improved its behaviour in traffic.
- Also in 1968 low profile tyres had been invented and PIRELLI had introduced its CINTURATO ™ CN36 so the new 2400 Dino took advantage of this new technology, and fitted 205/70R14 PIRELLI CINTURATO which we would suggest would still be perfect tyres for the later 2400 Dino.
- As an alternative there is also the 205/70VR14 Michelin XWX that was fitted to the Ferrari Dino.
Fiat Dino Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Fiat Dino Tyres