AC 428 Frua Tyres
- The original tyre for the AC428 is the 205 R 15 Avon Textile. Although the correct size, this tyre is better suited to a large saloon such as a Rolls Royce.
- The recommended tyre for the 428 is the the 205 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN72 as it is the best tyre for a sports car.
- The inner tube Longstone recommends is the Michelin 15/17H Offset Valve Inner Tube.
- If you want more modern tyres on your AC 428 Frua then Pirelli make a Inner Tube Guide for more information.
- Set of 2 215/70 WR 15 & 225/70 WR 15 Pirelli Stelvio + Tubes
Starting at $3,276.00 $2,730.00
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at $2,268.00 $1,890.00
AC 428 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for AC 428 Tyres
History of the AC 428
The Classic AC Frua or AC 428 is a British "GT" car of the 1960s and early 1970s. Built by AC Cars from 1965 to 1973, it is extremely rare with only 81 cars built in total; 49 Coupe's (known as fastbacks), 29 Convertibles and 3 special-bodied. The car is built on the classic AC Cobra 427 Mark III race-bred coil spring chassis but extended by 6 inches.Chassis were built at the AC plant in England then shipped to Frua's workshop in Italy where the body was fitted and then sent back to England to have the power train and trim added. The cost was huge and the cars could not be sold at a competitive price. Unlike similar cars such as the classic Iso Grifo, Iso Rivolta, and Monteverdi's and classic De Tomasos of the period, the AC Frua features fully independent racing based coil spring suspension.It is often confused with the very similar looking Maserati Mistral also designed by Pietro Frua. There is a common belief that the two cars share most of their body panels, but in reality only the front quarter windows and the door handles are the same.
AC 428 Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your AC 428, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your AC 428 Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Borrani Wheels for a AC 428
AC 428 wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. AC wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge