- Early Porsche 911 SC tyres were 185/70R15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 front & 215/60R15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 rear.
- Post 1986 911's were 195/65R15 Pirelli P600 front & 215/60R15 Pirelli P600 rear.
- From 1985 you could specify 16” wheels with 205/55R16 & 225/50R16 or 205/55ZR16 & 245/45ZR16 Michelin SX MXX3.
- Porsche 911SC tyre pressures for 15” wheels - Front 29psi, Rear 36psi.
- Tyre pressures for 911SC fitted with 16” wheels - Front 36psi, Rear 44psi.
Porsche 911 SC Tyres
Porsche introduced the 911SC models in 1978 and continued to fit 185/70WR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 N4 on the front and 215/60WR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 N4 on the rear. Fortunately these tyres are made again by Pirelli. Porsche have got involved with the project and awarded these tyres the Porsche N4 homologation and recommend these tyres as the best tyres for these early 911 SC cars. Recently a German classic car magazine conducted a back to back tyre test against the other classic road tyres produced in the size 185/70R15, the Pirelli 185/70 WR15 CN36 won hands down.
In August 1986 they changed to a 195/65R15 Pirelli P6000 as a standard equipment. Some of the sports models of this period such as the 3.0 Turbo 930 and Carrera, would want to fit a more modern low profile tyres such as 205/50YR15 CINTURATO ™ P7 N4 on the front and 225/50YR15 CINTURATO ™ P7 N4 on the rear. These tyres have also attained the N4 Porsche homolgation.
From 1985 you could specify the 16" wheels for your 911, for which Michelin make their 205/55ZR16 SX MXX3 N2 & 245/45ZR16 SX MXX3 N2. These tyres were fitted to the 930 Turbo and Carrera versions of Porsches 911.
Racing 911 Tyres
If you are wanting to take your car on the track there are a wide range of options available. Dunlop Racing and Avon CR6ZZ for the early 911 and Michelin's extraordinary TB range for wider wheels, offering options up to 13" in the full tread Michelin TB15, and the semi slick Michelin TB5 F & R with it's choice of front and rear compounds, and the full wet Michelin PB20.