Ford GT40 Tyres
- For a GT40 road car, we suggest 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 for the front, and 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 on the rear.
- The CN12 is made of a road compound so will not perish as quickly as racing tyre compounds.
- The other good options for a GT400 are the road/race Avon CR6ZZ.
- Another popular tyre option for the Ford GT40 is the raised white letter BF Goodrich Radial T/A.
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at $2,268.00 $1,890.00
- Set of 2 215/70 WR 15 & 225/70 WR 15 Pirelli Stelvio + Tubes
Starting at $3,276.00 $2,730.00
Ford GT40 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ford GT40 Tyres
Ford GT40 with Avon CR6ZZ Tyres
Depending on the width of wheels used on your Ford GT40 some fitments are shown below.
Ford GT40 Rear Tyre Options
Ford GT40 Front Tyre Options
Ford GT40 at Le Mans 2006
In 1963 Ford turned their hand to high performance motorsport. Their goal was the 24 hour Le Mans, with the help of Carroll Shelby. Ford took the early Ford GT40 (partly based on the Lola GT) and turned the car into a world-beater.
The GT40 was given its name due to the fact the car only stood 40 inches high. After 50 homologated cars were built and with extensive development the MKII version was born, the GT40 MKII first ran at Le Mans in 1965 and sported a 7-litre V8 engine. An extra feature in the MKII GT40 was the dry sump lubrication, which coupled with some aerodynamic changes made the MKII Ford GT40 more than capable of 200mph with Le Mans gearing. Needless to say the GT40 became almost unbeatable!
Ford GT40 in Racing Red
Fords goal of winning the Le Mans 24hour race with the GT40 became a reality in 1966 with a famous 1st 2nd and 3rd finish. The Ford GT40s dominance was now in full swing of winning in 1967 with a special MKIV GT40. Built using a bespoke lightweight monocogue chassis the Ford GT40 not only won for the second year running but did so with a record average speed of 135.48 mph (218kph).
Ford GT40 at Le Mans 2006
Shortly after the 1967 Le Mans 24hour Ford ,and their GT40, retyred from racing. However independent teams continued the dominance of the Ford GT40 and over the next few years the Ford GT40 won again and again, including victories at Le Mans in 1968 and in1969 further enforcing the fact that the Ford GT40 was a true great.
The Ford GT40 fits a wide range of tyres, the original tyres would have been Dunlop Racing tyres, these tyres however are not road legal!
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Ford GT40. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ford GT40 Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge