165 R15 Michelin XZX
VW Beetle Tyres
Longstone Classic Tyres has a long and deep association with the VW Bug, in that it’s two oldest employees had Beetles as their first cars. One being a standard 1974 Jeans Beetle and a 1972 1300 Bug. It is great fun when you first get on the road, but when you are driving a Beetle then the world is an all round brighter place.
VW Beetle size
- The first VW Beetle fitted 5.60-15 crossply tyres.
- Standard radial alternative to 5.60-15 is 155 R 15
- A slightly taller radial alternative is 165 R 15
For nimble light steering and sprightly acceleration then going with the standard 155R15 size will be the most fun tyre round wiggly roads. The 155 SR 15 Michelin X is the earliest tyre and was very much a tyre people fitted in period. Pirelli Cinturato 155 HR 15 CA67 Is a more sporty tyre in the size and was original equipment on all sorts of exotica such as a Lotus Elite or a Alfa Rome Giulietta. And the other top notch option would be the Michelin 155 HR 15 XAS.
Currently these days, because we spend so much time on dual carriageways, often people like to fit a taller tyre like the Michelin 165 SR 15 XZX. Again more sporty options like the 165HR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 are available. Also currently being made are 165HR15 Michelin XAS (1965) and 165VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 (1968) which were fitted to cars like the Porsche 911 & 912 back in period.
White Wall Beetle Tyres
Because the Volkswagen Beetle is such a cool car there are still loads on the road and the knock on effect is there is plenty of choice in these sizes which includes some white wall tyres. The 155 R 15 Galaxy White wall & 165 R 15 Galaxy White wall are great value.
VW Beetle Tyre Prices
Currently we have on special offer a couple of real bargains for VW Beetle owners. There is an attraction to the Michelin XZX as it is a period tyre made for cars just like the beetle; relatively light weight and fun cars. The XZX offers good grip and comfort and the tread design of the XZX offers excellent wet road performance.
- Set of 4 off 165 R 15 Michelin XZX Beetle tyres
- Set of 5 off 165R15 Michelin XZX Volkswagen Beetle tyres
The Overall Diameter of the 165 R 15 Michelin is 646 mm and the width is 165 mm. For more information on the 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX please see below or call +44 (0) 1302 711 123.
|INDICATED WIDTH||ASPECT RATIO||RADIAL||RIM DIAMETER||LOAD INDEX||SPEED RATING||MANUFACTURER||TREAD||TUBELESS|
|RIM DIAMETER||15" / 381 mm|
|ACTUAL WIDTH||165 mm / 6.4"|
|OVERALL DIAMETER INFLATED||646 mm / 25.43"|
|ROLLING CIRCUMFERENCE||1967 mm / 77.44"|
|WEIGHT OF TYRE||7.5 kgs|
|LOAD INDEX||86 = 530 kgs|
|SPEED RATING||S = 112 mph / 180 km/h|
|RECOMMENDED TUBES||Michelin 15E13|
|TUBE OR TUBELESS||TL (Tubeless)|
|RECOMMENDED RIM WIDTH||4.0" 4.5" 5.5"|
|WHITEWALL||Can be applied please call +44 (0) 1302 711123 for your requirements|
|ALTERNATIVE SIZE DESCRIPTION||165/80-15 , 165/80 -15 , 165/80 - 15 , 165 80 - 15 , 165-15 , 165 -15 , 165 - 15 , 165/80S15 , 165/80 S15 , 165/80 S 15 , 165 80 S 15 , 165S15 , 165 S15 , 165 S 15 , 165/80SR15 , 165/80 SR15 , 165/80 SR 15 , 165 80 SR 15 , 165SR15 , 165 SR15 , 165 SR 15 , 165/80R15 , 165/80 R15 , 165/80 R 15 , 165 80 R 15 , 165R15 , 165 R15 , 165 R 15 , 165/80X15 , 165/80 X15 , 165/80 X 15 , 165 80 X 15 , 165X15 , 165 X15 , 165 X 15 , 165/80 15 , 165/80 15 , 165/80 15 , 165 80 15 , 165 15 , 165 15 , 165 15 , 165/80*15 , 165/80 *15 , 165/80 * 15 , 165 80 * 15 , 165*15 , 165 *15 , 165 * 15|
|PRODUCT TYPE||Set of 4 Tyres|
- great tires for vintage cars
- Classic tyres are difficult to source here in the US. Cocker is always over-priced. If there is no "factory warranty" for US buyers it should be disclosed on the website . Personaly I've run XZXs for 47 years and made no warranty claims, so I'm OK with no warranty). \n\n
- As usual, great tracking with dhl so we could see when they were going to be delivered and could make provision or change the delivery. Great product, could not believe it was cheaper to buy these in the uk and have shipped to France. We run an interesting car club in Brittany with all types of cars
- Everything perfect.
- Nice Tyre with period correct thread and superb handling for road use. Hugely improved handling over the same tyre that was just getting a bit old and brittle.
- Classic tire at *** prices
- Just right tires for my car.
- MICHELIN IS STILL THE REFERENCE IN TYRES
- As expected!
- Well priced and good value.
- I tried to order these tires but my card was refused. What do I need to do? firstname.lastname@example.org (not progRess)
- I have not received the tires yet so I can not rate them. I suspect they will be very good since I've had them before.
- Michelin is the best
- Great tyres, would of liked them cheaper lol 😂
- Tires look great on my vintage *** Morgan Plus 4