Opel Manta Tyres
Opel Manta A tyres
- From 1970–1975 the standard Opel Manta A fitted 165R13 on a 5”X13” Wheel.
- For the base Manta A series cars; the Opel Manta L, 1.6, 1.6S and 1.9S we suggest the 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF .
- For 165R13 tyres we recommend the 13D Michelin inner tube. Though these are tubeless wheels, The Michelin XAS needs inner tubes.
- Tyre pressures for Manta A models on 165R13 we suggest 29psi in the front and 32psi in the rear.
- Opel also offered the 5.5” wide 13” rim, these fitted 185/70R13. We suggest 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 . It was the original equipment on some Mantas.
- Tyre pressures for standard Opel Manta A models on 5.5” rims with 185/70R13 tyres - 26psi front and 29psi rear.
- The 1.9 Berlinetta and 1.9 Turbo Opel Manta fitted 185/70VR13 as standard on 5.5” wheels. We suggest the 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 .
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- Opel Manta A Turbo and Berlinetta tyre pressures - 29psi front 32psi rear.
B series Opel Manta Tyres
- The second series face lift Opel Manta B fitted 185/70VR13 tyres on 5.5 to 6” wide wheels. Some of these cars fitted Pirelli CN36.
- For the Manta B series from 1975–1981 we recommend the 185/70VR13 PIRELLI CN36.
- Some of the B series Manta did still have 5” rims with 165R13 tyres, we suggest the 165HR13 Michelin XAS.
- Tyre pressures for the Opel Manta B - 29psi front 32psi in the rear.
Opel Manta GT/E Tyres
- Some of the later post 1983 Manta B2 models 2.0i GT/E and hatch back fitted 195/60R14 tyres, for which we have the 195/60 VR 14 Michelin MXV3-A.
- Late Opel Manta GTE tyre pressures - 30psi front and 33psi rear.
Opel Manta Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Opel Manta Tyres
History of the Opel Manta
Built between 1970-1988, the Opel Manta was a rear-wheel drive sports car intended to compete with the popular Ford Capri. Though it somewhat failed to compete with the Capri, with this duty taken over by the Vauxhall Firenza, the car was popular enough to warrant its own 'specials' other than the GT/E that would increase the power and change the looks slightly of the Manta; like the Turbomanta or TE2800 versions.
Opel Manta GT/E Tyres
A: Generall speaking the majority of Opel Manta GT/E models fitted 185/70R13 tyres. Pirelli make the 185/70VR13 Cinturato CN36 which was one of the original tyres fitted to The Manta GT/E. In 1984 the Opel Manta GT/E moved to 195/60R14 tyres. Currently Michelin make a 195/60R14 MXV3-A.
A: Some of these very early cars still actually fitted crossply tyres 6.45-13. However 165R13 was a more standard, tyres such as the 165R13 Michelin XAS. low profile 185/70R13 Cinturato CN36 tyres were also an option on the wider 5.5” wide wheels.