Lamborghini 400 GT Tyres
- We recommend the 205 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN72 classic tyre, as it was original equipment tyre for the Lamborghini 400GT and it is the best radial tyre in this size.
- A great alternative would be the 215/70 WR 15 Michelin XWX, which will also fit nicely and afford excellent performance.
- If you want tubes then the Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting inner tube for these tyres.
Lamborghini 400GT Tyre Guide Video
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at £1,680.00 £1,400.00
Lamborghini 400GT Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Lamborghini 400GT Tyres
Lamborghini 400 GT History
The classic Lamborghini 400GT 2+2 was the successor to the 350GT and was a 2+2 seated sports car from the famous Italian company Lamborghini. It made its debut at the 1966 Geneva Motor Show. The engine was expanded to 3929 cc in comparison to its predecessor, raising output to 320 brake horsepower. The 400GT 2+2 had a different body than the 350GT, with a longer wheelbase, a different roofline, and various sheet metal alterations throughout the vehicle. Because of the bigger body form, the +2 seats could be fitted in the back, when the 350GT could only fit baggage or a tiny seat. Carrozzeria Touring developed the bodywork. The 400GT 2+2 also included a Lamborghini-designed gearbox with Porsche-style synchromesh on all speeds, which, according to reports, substantially improved the driving!
The picture above shows the 205 VR 15 CN72 CINTURATO ™ HS tyre that PIRELLI put into production in 1964, which was original equipment for the Lamborghini 400GT. On either side of this tyre are more modern 70% profile tyre sizes that are often fitted by mistake. On the left is a 205/70VR15, which is far too small in diameter, and on the right is a 215/70VR15 which is closer in dimensions and would also be a good tyre for the Lamborghini 400GT. Some cars that fitted the 205 VR 15 CINTURATO ™ changed to the 215/70 VR 15 tyre when the low profile tyre was developed at the beginning of the 1970s.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Lamborghini 400GT. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Lamborghini 400GT Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge