Ferrari Dino 246
Ferrari 246 Dino Tyres
- The Ferrari 246 Dino fitted 205/70VR14 Michelin XWX.
- We would suggest that the Michelin XWX is still the right tyre for a Ferrari Dino.
- Pirelli also make a 205/70 WR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 which is the only other tyre we would consider for a 246 Dino.
- Michelins recommended tyre pressure for the Ferrari 246 GT Dino is 28psi front and 32psi rear.
- Some Ferrari Dino owner like to fit the later 328GTB 16” wheels, but a 246 will lose comfort and not handle so well on modern low profile tyres.
- If your Ferrari 246 Dino has 16” wheels then the 205/55R16 Pirelli P7 will diminish the derogatory effects (but you should really stay 14”).
Ferrari Dino 246 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari Dino 246 Tyres
History of the Ferrari Dino 246
Ferrari's Dino 246 was the company's first mass-produced vehicle. Many people praise it for its inherent driving abilities and ground-breaking design. The automobile was ranked sixth in Sports Car International's list of the Top Sports Cars of the 1970s in 2004. The 206/246 was ranked seventh in Motor Trend Classic's list of the ten "Greatest Ferraris of All Time".
The 246 was reported to have a maximum speed of 146 mph, but a road test by Britain's Motor magazine in July 1971 recorded a top speed of 148 mph, which compared well with the 136 mph achieved by a recently tested (but now superseded) Porsche 911S. The Dino outperformed the Porsche once more, with a 0 to 50 mph acceleration time of 5.5 seconds, however, the Porsche was the clear victor in terms of fuel economy.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Although it was not standard Ferrari equipment on the 246 Dino or the coupe 246 GT Dino, Borrani does make some period optional 14" wire wheels with a full conversion kit. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari Dino 246 Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge