205/70 - 15
- Inner tube for 205/70-15: Michelin 15F Offset Valve Tube
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 205/70 - 15: Rim Tape 13" - 17"
- 205/70 - 15 can also be described as: 205/70 R 15 or 205/70 x 15
- 205/70-15 is a low profile alternative to 185 -15 tyres.
- An ER/70 VR 15 tyre is exactly the same as a 205/70 – 15 tyres.
- Classic Jaguar are possibly the most popular users of 205/70-15 tyres.
- The series 3 E-type Jaguar and the first XJ6 fitted ER/70 VR 15 Dunlop SP Sport.
- In the late 1970s Jaguar moved their XJ6, XJ12 and XJS onto fitting 205/70WR15 Pirelli P5.
Classic 205/70-15 Tyres
Alternatives to 205/70-15 Tyres
ER/70 R 15 tyres are an early way of describing 205/70 R 15 tyres. There are many different ways of writing the ER/70-15 tyre size: 205/70 – 15, 205/70 -15, 205/70-15, 205/70 R15, 205/70 HR15, 205/70 VR15, 205/70 WR15 the only differences in these descriptions is the speed rating.
The best 205/70 R 15 tyre would depend on what car you had. If you had a Jaguar XJ6, XJS or early Jaguar XJ12 the 205/70 WR15 Pirelli P5 is perfect as it was built specially for those cars. However if you had an E-type V12 then the Dunlop ER/70VR15 SP Sport Aquajet was original, but we would suggest the 205/70 R15 Pirelli P5. However if you wanted to fit a 205/70VR15 tyre on the earlier 6 cylinder E-type, without power steering, we would recommend the Pirelli 205/70R15 CN12. If you have a Citroen SM then we would say fit the Michelin 205/70VR15 Michelin XWX.
There are cheaper tyres in the size 205/70 VR15, However we would suggest that either 205/70WR15 CN12 or 205/70 WR15 P5 from the Pirelli Collezione range are fantastic value for money. We do offer budget 205/70 SR 15 white wall tyres. However we do not suggest fitting these to performance cars such as Jaguar.