205 - 15
- 205 R15 is a radial alternative to 8.15 – 15 crossply tyres.
- A 215/70 -15 or 225/70 R15 are low profile alternatives to 205r15 tyres, however they are slightly smaller in diameter.
- A 205-15 tyre is effectually the same as a 205/80-15 tyre, as a 205 – 15 has an 80% aspect ration.
- We recommend fitting Michelin 15/17 H 13 inner tubes to 205/80 R 15 tyres.
- 205-15 is the radial tyre fitment for a series 1 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow.
- The 205 VR 15 Pirelli Cinturato CN72 was the first 205 – 15 tyre to have a V speed rating.
- The 205-15 Cinturato CN72 from 1964 was OE and Maserati, Ferrari, ISO, Lamborghini and Aston Martin DB6 mk2 and DBS.
- We would suggest that the 205 – 15 Pirelli Cinturato is the best 205R15 tyre with a W speed rating.
Classic 205-15 Tyres
A: No they will be considerably smaller in diameter. A 205 – 15 tyre is effectually the same as a 205/80-15 tyre.
A: The Pirelli CN72 has the highest specification, and is a propper period tyre that was fitted to classic super cars from 1964 right through till the end of the 6 cylinder Aston Martin DBS