- 165-13 is the radial alternative to 5.90-13.
- You can also use 165 – 13 as a radial alternative to 5.60-13.
- Low profile alternative for 165 - 13: 185/70 - 13.
- Inner tube for 165 - 13: Michelin 13D Offset Valve Tube.
- Inner tube for 185/70 - 13:Michelin 13E Offset Valve Tube.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 165 - 13: Rim Tape 12" - 13".
- 165 - 13 can also be described as: 165/80 R 13, 165 x 13, 165/80 - 13 or 165 R 13.
- 165-13 tyres was common fitment on classic cars, Ford Capri, Fiat 124 sport and BMW 1600.
- We would suggest currently the best 165-13 is the 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS.
- In the near future we hope to get a 165-13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
Alternatives to 165-13 Tyres
165-13 Tyre Size
When radial tyres were first developed you would come across tyre sizes such as 155-13 or 155R13. As tyres were developed the introduction of low profile tyres meant that an aspect ratio were listed after the first width measurement in this case 155. (meaning 155mm wide). So for instance if there were a 155/70 – 13 this would mean that the side wall height were 70% of the 155mm. Before these lower profile tyres were developed tyre sizes like 155-13 had no need to list the aspect ratio as there was now choice. These earlier cars do have a 80% aspect ratio, and could effectively be called 155/80-13 or 155/80R13.
A: Michelin make the fabulous 165HR13 XAS
A: I used to run a very powerful MK5 Cortina with a Z Tech engine and the 165HR13 Michelin XAS was fantastic