Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
Rolls Royce Silver Cloud Tyres
- Original equipment tyres for the Rolls Royce Silver Cloud were crossply; predominantly 820 H 15 Avon Turbospeed. This is still the best crossply for the Cloud.
- White wall crossply tyres were also available. The 8.20 x 15 General Whitewall is a good option.
- Often people like to run these cars on radial tyres. The 235/75 TR 15 Galaxy Whitewall works very well and offers all the benefits of a modern radial.
- It is worth mentioning that the wheels on a Silver cloud are not fitted with a safety rib, so we believe it is well worth fitting a Michelin 15/17H inner tube.
- Rolls Royce Silver Cloud cross ply tyre pressures are 24psi front & 29psi rear.
- With radial tyres we would suggest 34psi front & 38psi rear.
Rolls Royce Silver Cloud tyres
The Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1, 2 & 3 all fitted the same tyre 820H15 Avon TurboSpeed. Longstone tyres would suggest this is the best crossply tyre for these cars. However there are other options available, but the Avon has the carcase structure and the speed rating that a Silver Cloud deserves.
Radial Silver Cloud Tyres
Since the '60s our modern roads are increasingly dual carriageways and motorways. Under these circumstances, cars like a Silver Cloud with cross-ply tyres will tend to wander at cruising speeds. Many Silver Clouds now choose to fit radial tyres which will improve the directional stability. We currently have a selection of radial tyres suitable for the Silver cloud; if you click this link it will show you the options 235/75R15. Or you can choose from the list above. The price of these radial tyres is good and even on a heavy car like the Silver Cloud, they will return relatively good mileage. Today I would suggest the majority of Rolls Royce Silver Cloud tyres sold by Longstone Tyres are radial tyres.
White Wall Rolls Royce Tyres
Radial Silver Cloud tyres do come with a selection of white wall bands on one side, which can be fitted facing inboard to maintain a black sidewall to keep a classic European look or fit the white band fitting outboard if that is the way you like it.