Jaguar MKX & 420G
Jaguar MK10 Tyres
- Jaguar MK10 Saloon both the 3.8 & 4.2 litre models fitted 7.50-14 Crossply tyres.
- A MKX jaguar on modern roads is more suited the radial tyre, we would suggest the 205 WR 14 Michelin XWX .
- It is important to note this is a full 80% profile tyre, not a 205/70VR14. That is far too small for this.
- Some MK 10 Jaguars have been moved onto 15 wheels in which case 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 is ideal.
- Tyre pressures for MK X Jaguar saloons with radial tyres. 30psi front and rear.
Jaguar 420 G Tyres
- The Jaguar 420G came with radial tyres we suggest fitting 205 WR 14 Michelin XWX .
- Some 420G cars might have been fitted with later 15” wheels in which case we would suggest 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 .
- The best fitting inner tube for 205 R14 tyres are Michelin 14F inner tubes.
- For 205/70 R15 tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- 420 G tyre pressures - 30psi front and rear.
Built between 1961-1970, the Jaguar MkX & 420G featured a 120 inch (3,000 mm) wheelbase and differed from other Jaguar saloons in having 14" wheels instead of the more common 15".
They were also the first Jaguar saloon to feature independent rear suspension, whilst the front suspension used double wishbones with coil springs and telescopic dampers. The 420G also differed by the addition of a vertical central bar splitting the grille in two; side indicator repeaters on the front wings and a chrome strip along the wing and door panels as well as a more luscious interior with air conditioning as an option.