BMW 7 Series
1983-1986 BMW 735i E23 Sedan
BMW 7 Series Tyres
- The early 7 Series BMW fitted a 205/70VR14 XWX.
- We would instead suggest fitting 205/70 WR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36. The Michelin is an excellent tyre and affords more comfort while driving, but the Pirelli is more sporting and offers better value for money.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 14F innertube.
- Later BMW 7 Series fitted a 220/55 R390 or 240/45 415 tyre.
- For these sizes Longstone recommends the 220/55 WR 390 Michelin TRX, and the 240/45VR415 Michelin TRX GT respectively.
Michelin TRX Tyres Explained
History of the BMW 7 Series
The E23 was the first generation 7 Series vehicle, produced from 1977 and 1987. It was built in a 4-door sedan body style with 6-cylinder engines to replace the E3 cars. From 1983 through 1987, a turbocharged 6-cylinder engine was available. The E23 included an on-board computer, a service interval indicator, a "check control panel" (warning lights to alert the driver to system problems), a Dictaphone, and complex temperature management systems for the first time in a BMW. It was also the first BMW to have anti-lock braking (ABS), a driver's airbag, and a front suspension with a double link.