1927 Amilcar CGSS
Amilcar CGS Tyres
- The recommended tyre for the Amilcar CGS is the Longstone 4.00/4.50 x 19, it boasts a period tread pattern, and pleasant, light handling.
- The Michelin 4.00/4.50 x 19 D.R. is another good option, also offering a period tread pattern, and affording a comfortable ride.
- Weighing less than the Michelin allows for lighter steering with our own Longstone, ultimately offering the better performance of the two.
- Depending on your wheel type you will be best suited with either a Michelin 19MFR Central Valve innertube or a Michelin Kleber innertube.
- If you're not sure which tube you need, see our innertube guide for more information.
Amilcar CGS Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Amilcar CGS Tyres
History of the Amilcar CGS
The Amilcar CGS Grand Sport was a popular interwar lightweight sports car manufactured by the French automaker Amilcar between 1923 and 1925. The Amilcar C was created to compete with the successful Salmson VAL3 series. The CGS had a longer, more robust chassis and improved four-wheel brakes in addition to the bigger engine. Its 1,074cc, 30 horsepower side-valve engine with an aluminium head gave it a proclaimed top speed of 75 mph and could be upgraded for better performance.